Never ever have I even attempted a steampunk inspired art project. Never ever have I attempted to make an "art cube." It's never even entered my mind before this but now, I'm proud to say that I've completed both and love the end result! And successfully, I think. At least, I hope. It's for an art swap in my Facebook Art Group.
Each participant provided one "word" and was assigned a swap partner. I'll admit I was worried to get the steampunk word since I've never created anything in that genre and don't have anything steampunk-ish to use. Is "steampunk-ish" even a word? Well, it is now!
Well, wouldn't you know it! Steampunk was my assigned word and I started to shake in my boots a little bit. Time to start the research and find some supplies! The challenge was on!
After watching bunches of YouTube videos on constructing art cubes, creating steampunk inspired art pieces, spending hours researching Pinterest and going on excursions at various craft stores to find steampunk ephemera and papers, I was ready to start the art cube.
It took me about 2.5 days to complete (with a few minor hiccups along the way). After all, this was my first attempt at a 3D project so I was bound to make a few little blunders. But none of them turned into major failures, which was great!
Anyhow, I'll be sending this off to the recipient this week much ahead of the April deadline.